Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Final Week

Well, the day of reckoning is nearly upon us. I am well into the final week of my preparations for the Etape Caledonia 2009. There are now four days to go...

I have the week off work (by lucky coincidence) and have been to my warm weather training camp...in Ayrshire! (we have spent the last three days at Seamill Hydro. Who would have thought you could feel this far away from everything just 45 minutes from the front door?). All joking aside, we have had glorious weather. The kids had a great time and are wonderfully sun-kissed. Very relaxing indeed.

In actual fact it was no training camp - I didn't take the bike. I am obeying the rules of relaxation this week and hoping to save all my energy for the big day. Only problem I am having is that I seem to be confusing "pre-ride carbo-loading" with "stuffing my face full of cr@p!"

Weather forecast (despite our current heatwave) is not good for Pitlochry at the weekend. Looks like it will be wet. Oh well, at least no chance of sunstroke and no excuse to be distracted by the scenery!

New bike frame arrived today. I haven't seen it yet as it got delivered to work. I will take it to Willy tomorrow. I very much doubt I will use it on the big day (especially if it is raining!) as I want to have a chance to familiarise myself with it and there just isn't time. Not to worry, I will take my best legs instead...

Cheers,

Col.

No comments:

Post a Comment