Friday 8 May 2009

35

It's my birthday...today...I am 35...and I am really, really...happy about it!

Sometimes it pays to take a step back and look around. I have been trying to do that a bit more lately and do you know what? I like what I see. I am a very lucky man. I have a beautiful wife, whom I love very much and who I know loves me (that is a very special thing and not as common as you might think). I have the two most fantastic kids I have ever clapped eyes on (they really are truly remarkable and having my son sing happy birthday to me this morning while my daughter ripped open my presents at the speed of light, really amazing). I live in a lovely house and I am reasonably secure financially. All in all, I have everything I could have possibly wished for at this age.

Above all though, I realise that I am very fortunate to be fit and healthy and able to enjoy all of these aspects of my life. Long may it continue.

Please have a drink on me tonight,

Col.

No comments:

Post a Comment