Wednesday 18 March 2009

Injury and Illness

Since I began the journey towards the Etape Caledonia, way back in January, I have been expecting that at some point I would be affected by illness or injury. Top of my list of expected ailments has always been illness, as I have two young kids who go to nursery twice a week. Anyone with small kids will tell you that they are total germ factories, and they would be right!

However, it appears that the first thing to keep me off the bike for any length of time is going to be injury. I had a big mile weekend (for me) of just over 50 miles. This is my longest ride yet and over half distance. Unfortunately, it seems to have brought on a bought of tendonitis in my right knee, so I am forced to rest. I am following the old R-I-C-E routine (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and hopefully I will be back on the bike next week. It is annoying because I was getting into a groove. It seems a bit odd to be back on the sofa of an evening after all the time in the cupboard on the sofa...

Cheers,

Col.

No comments:

Post a Comment